Christian discipleship is the application of the gospel to every aspect of life. The very gospel that sets us free from the fear of divine and human condemnation is the same power that transforms our relationships, work, and worship. Biblical discipleship, including word, worship, and fellowship, exists at CPC primarily through Sunday worship, courses offered through the School of Discipleship, and Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Groups.
We encourage all congregation members to participate in both a Community Group and a Discipleship Group. Although there are components of study in both the Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Groups, their focus is on living and sharing truth through mutual accountability and prayer.
This year, 2018-2019, all Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Groups will study “The Practice of Godliness” by Jerry Bridges, or continue the "Sonship" curriculum from the previous year. Here is the study guide based on the Bridges book, with extra readings.
Check our Calendar for extact meeting dates.
- Thursdays 7:00pm (twice monthly) at CPC: Contact Doug Bruce.
- Wednesdays 6:30pm (alternates with School of Discipleship, approx. twice monthly): Contact Preston Graham.
- Tuesdays 7:00pm (twice monthly) at a New Haven Residence: Contact Diane Miller or Lisa Graham
- Wednesdays 10:00am (twice monthly) at CPC: Contact JoAnn Kupiec or Lisa Hawkes (babystitting is provided)
- Tuesdays 10am (twice monthly) at CPC: Contact Alan Phillips