Haiti Mission Trip 2018
- In cooperation with our second church plant in Mirebalais, Haiti, we will be partnering with ESMI (El Shaddai Ministries International) in the Divage region of Mirebalais, working with pastor Jean Claude Platemo (who is soon to be ordained after participating in pastoral training provided by CPC/Mission Anabaino) in several areas of service (see below for details). Click here to watch a short video about ESMI.
- ESMI’s mission is “To be a Christ centered ministry filling Haiti with passionate church
leaders and to establish a network of Haitian churches that are spiritually healthy, evangelical
and self sustaining”. Their philosophy is based around a holistic approach to ministering to the
people of Haiti. It is based on the 4 “E’s”: Evangelism (Village Church Plants), Education (Village School Building, Sponsor a Student), Empathy (Disaster Relief, Build a Home in Port au Prince), and Economic Development (Small Business Development).
Areas of Service:
- Medical Clinic: there is no readily available access to medical assistance, we expect about 100 people/day. Contact: Doug Bruce or Jim Kupiec
- Minor Construction: these projects will mostly involve painting. Contact us to help lead in this area.
- School Development: teacher training, training resources, children’s VBS outreach. Contact us to help lead in this area.
- Pastor Training: lead by Rev. Graham and Rev. Steele from Varick Memorial in New Haven. Contact: Rev. Graham
- A valid passport is needed for US citizens; non-US citizens may require a Haitian visa. Allow at least 3-weeks before travel to secure this visa. For more information, please go to www.travel.state.gov.
- Tetanus shot (within past five years), Malaria prescription from your doctor, Hepatitis A and B recommended, Typhoid recommended. Please go to www.cdc.gov for more information.
- Team Meetings prior to the trip, dates TBD.
Come with Us:
- Dates: Saturday August 4th - Friday August 10th 2018
- Age: open to those age 15 and above (with exceptions made for those accompanied by a parent).
- Partners: Varick Memorial AME Zion Church in New Haven will also be joining CPC on this mission trip.
- Cost: $750 + airfare (approx. $700) per person. This cost includes room and board and ministry expenses. With the help of CPC, we ask that everyone be able to engage in personal support raising for this trip.
- Deadline: sign up by March 15th!
- Click here to sign up!